Steel Plate Shoots
Shoot Time: 1:00pm
2014 Dates: April 13th, May 18th, June 18th, July 20th,
September 21st, October 19th
(THIRD SUNDAY OF EACH MONTH)
Join us for a fun day
• Four Plate Scenarios will be shot.
• Each scenario is made of five steel plates.
• Four are the target plates, and the fifth is the stop plate.
• There is no limit on the number of rounds that can be fired.
• A hip holster is required for center fire handguns.
• Those firing a .22 caliber handgun are not required to use a holster.
• No magnum caliber firearms permitted.
• 25 Rounds per scenario. Total rounds 100.
• Recommended rounds - 150.
Matches Fee’s $15.00
M.C.S.A. Member $10.00
PISTOL RANGE RULES
1. Always treat every firearm as if it is loaded.
a) Keep muzzle pointed down range.
b) Keep finger off trigger until you are on target and actually shooting.
c) Keep action open and gun unloaded until you are ready to shoot
at your target.
d) If you are showing someone or you are looking at someone
firearm have the firearm on the bench between the posts
pointed down range.
2. All firearms are to be unloaded before member enters the range premises and must be kept open at all times or in a case or in a holster. Bring the handgun or guns to the bench between the poles or the table if using a rest that you are going to be shooting so the guns are not behind the other members shooting at the firing line. Unless they are in a closed bag or case.
3. Only shoot target that are approved paper, cardboard and medal.
4. Clean up the range and under the pavilions when you are finished shooting. Leave the range cleaner than you found it. Pick up your casings and put them in the garbage or bucket that is under the pavilion for brass.
5. Do not remove any tires or other material on the safety berms between the pistol ranges.
REMEMBER ALL MEMBERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SAFETY.
REPORT VIOLATIONS OF SAFETY & RANGE RULES TO THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS.VIOLATION OF CLUB RULES MAY RESULT IN LOSS OF MEMBERSHIP.
Mifflin County Sportsmen’s Association General Rules
1. SAFETY & Courtesy first!
2. Current membership cards must be displayed with number visible while using the premises.
a) Membership runs from January 1st to December 31st.
b) Only members may use these ranges except for special events
with board approval.
3. Close and lock the gate when entering or leaving club property.
4. All junior members must be under the direct supervision of a
parent or an adult.
5. SHOOTING TIMES
a) Rifle, pistol, trap, five stand and shotgun pattern board.
Weekdays and Saturdays: 7:00 am until posted on rang board.
b) Archery: Daily: Sunrise to Sunset.
6. Board of directors must approve all organized shoots.
7. Worn side arms must comply with Pennsylvania State Law.
8. Speed limit on club grounds is 20MPH as this is for the safety of all members.
9. Park vehicles in parking lot and designated areas.
10. Destruction or mutilation of club property shall be cause for appearance of the Board of Directors for disciplinary action, which may also be cause for arrest and prosecution. Violators will be responsible to pay for damages.
11. Any violation of club rules may be sufficient cause for disciplinary action and or arrest and prosecution.
12. Please keep grounds clean.
13. No alcoholic beverages are permitted on ranges and parking areas.
14. No smoking in the clubhouse.