Rifle Range Rules
1. All ranges are controlled by the light and buzzer system. Both sides (1000 yard & 500 yard) of the range is consider ONE
a). All ranges commence firing and cease firing simultaneously .
b). Everyone is responsible for safety. ANYONE may call for a cease-fire by sounding the buzzer.
2. The Buzzer is used to gain the attention of the firing line. Determine the reason for the buzzer and act accordingly. CEASE
3. Buzzer must sound in conjunction with the light being turned on.
a). RED LIGHT FLASHING: CEASE-FIRE, open actions, unload Firearms, no handling of Firearms and stand clear
b). RED LIGHT TURNED OFF: All clear and commence firing. Everyone should ensure that down range is clear and
4. You may bring your firearms to the line anytime except an EMERGENCY CEASE-FIRE. As long as the Firearms are
a). Everyone shooting is responsible for making sure the red light is used and everyone has a chance to post their target and take it down when they are finished shooting.
b). The light system is also in effect before and after shooting hours.
c). All Firearms must be unloaded and actions shall remain open except when in use on the range when the red light is off.
5. Hearing and eye protection are required in the general area.
a). All targets must be placed on and fastened to the target boards provided.
b). Targets are commercially printed or handmade lightweight cardboard or paper, steel plates that are hung on your
c). Firing at objects other than described is prohibited. ANYONE SHOOTING GLASS OF ANY KIND WILL LOSE
d). "Cross Firing" or shooting across lanes is prohibited.
e). No incendiary or armor piercing ammunition is to be used.
f). All targets are to be removed when you are finished shooting.
7. Recommended relay time is 20 minutes.
8. NEVER POINT FIREARMS AT ANYONE! This includes when you place or remove Firearms from the firing line.
9. Clean up and dispose of your spent casing shells and trash.
10. Brass in front of the shooting area or benches should be picked up during a safety light ONLY.
11. Scavenging for used bullets behind target frames is prohibited.
12. All firing must be done from established firing lines and safe areas to shoot prone, kneeling and standing.
13. Misfired ammunition: Treat with caution. Cartridges that fail to fire must NOT be disposed of anywhere on the grounds
14. A muzzleloader is considered unloaded when the powder has been spend from the barrel.
15. Never prime or cap a muzzleloader until reaching the firing line.
Mifflin County Sportsmen's Association General Rules
1. SAFETY AND COURTESY FIRST
2. Current Membership cards must be displayed with number visible while using the premises.
a). Membership runs from January 1st to December 31st.
b). Only members and registered, paid Guests of Members (one Guest per Member present) may use these ranges except
c). All children must be under the direct supervision of a parent or adult.
10. Please keep grounds clean.