5 Stand is held Wednesday evening at 7:00 PM - Open to the Public. Cost is $7.00
Five Stand is a type of shotgun sport shooting similar to sporting clays, trap and skeet. There are five stations, or stands and six to eighteen strategically placed clay target throwers(called traps). Shooters shoot in turn at various combinations of clay birds. Each station will have a menu card that lets the shooter know the sequence of clay birds he or she will be shooting at (i.e. which trap the clay bird will be coming from). The shooter is presented with 5 targets at each station, first a single bird followed by two pairs. Pairs can be either "report pairs," in which the second bird will be launched after the shooter fires at the first; or "true pairs" when both birds launch at the same time. After shooting at the 5 birds on the menu at that station, the shooter proceeds to the next stand, where they find a new menu of 5 targets.
Typical five stand targets are a rabbit, chandelle, overhead, standard skeet high house and low house shots, teal (launched straight up into the air), trap (straight ahead from ground level), and an incoming bird.
NO SHOTGUNS, SLUG OR SHOT ON THE 1000/500 RANGE!!!!
Patterning shotguns is to be done on the "Shotgun Patterning Range". Which is the small 50 yd range east of the Pistol Range, clearly marked SHOTGUN RANGE, next to the Police Box. Tactical shotgunners are to use this range also. Shotgunners may also use the trap and 5 stand ranges for their practice. All patterning and tactical shotgunners need to bring their own target and target stands. You MUST clean up and remove your debris from the ranges.
SHOTGUN SLUG SHOOTERS
You may use the new 200-yard auxiliary range.
ONLY SINGLE PROJECTILE SLUGS ON NEW 200 YARD AUXILIARY RANGE. NO SHOT ON THIS RANGE.
SHOTGUNS ARE TO BE SHOT ONLY ON THESE RANGES UNDER THESE TERMS. VIOLATORS WILL SUBJECT TO DISCIPLINARY ACTION OR LOSS OF MEMBERSHIP! NO SHOOTING WITH SHOTGUNS ON ANY OTHER RANGE.
NO SHOOTING BEFORE 1:00 PM ON SUNDAY
Mifflin County Sportsmen’s Association General Rules
1. SAFETY & Courtesy first!
2. Current membership cards must be displayed with number visible while using the premises.
a) Membership runs from January 1st to December 31st.
b) Only members may use these ranges except for special events
with board approval.
3. Close and lock the gate when entering or leaving club property.
4. All junior members must be under the direct supervision of a
parent or an adult.
5. SHOOTING TIMES
a) Rifle, pistol, trap, five stand and shotgun pattern board.
Weekdays and Saturdays: Sunrise to Sunset.
SUNDAYS: 1:00 PM to SUNSET
c) Archery: Daily: Sunrise to Sunset.
6. Board of directors must approve all organized shoots.
7. Worn side arms must comply with Pennsylvania State Law.
8. Speed limit on club grounds is 20MPH as this is for the safety of all members.
9. Park vehicles in parking lot and designated areas.
10. Destruction or mutilation of club property shall be cause for appearance of the Board of Directors for disciplinary action, which may also be cause for arrest and prosecution. Violators will be responsible to pay for damages.
11. Any violation of club rules may be sufficient cause for disciplinary action and or arrest and prosecution.
12. Please keep grounds clean.
13. No alcoholic beverages are permitted on ranges and parking areas.